Wednesday 6 January 2010

Snow



We didn't quite get the foot of snow that was forecast last night, but we did get a couple of inches, quite sufficient to bring all forms of transport to a grinding halt. It is still snowing lightly here but its also thawing slowly at about the same rate. The bird feeders and table aren't as busy as I was expecting but on my walk with Winston around the park this morning there was a large flock of about 50 goldfinches feeding on the alder cones, so I'm guessing there is still a fair amount of natural food around. The redwings which were about earlier this winter seem to have polished off the holly berries and moved on. Apparently the little egret was back in the park yesterday on one of its sporadic visits but I missed it.
I decided that I will post up some photos from the past year at some point despite the fact they won't appear in proper chronological order, for no other reason than I have nowhere else to put them!

No comments:

Post a Comment