Thursday 14 January 2010

More Snow


The view from the upstairs window on wednesday morning suggested that shorts were probably not the dress code of the day, and indeed further snow all morning confirmed that the world around me needed thermal underwear.

Winston, my 13 year old labrador disagreed. Whilst he didn't think much of the very icy paths of late, he loves the snow and turned into a puppy during his walks, bouncing around without a care about his arthritic hip, but stopping to smell every other snowflake on the ground, the normal aromas somehow gaining a tenfold interest by being frozen. Interestingly, this behaviour is not unique to Winston and seems to be common with all the dog walkers I spoke to. Their dogs I mean.

So our walk through Tadburn Meadows continued at fits and starts and gave me time to take my old camera out of its bag and take a few pictures of this particularly cold winter before the thaw set in. So I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment