Thursday 27 January 2011

Goosed

The Smew was still doing well today, busy grooming and fishing and doing general Smewy type things still seemingly unhindered by its injuries.

















You know those fabulous photograghs of I think its Blue whales diving where just their tails are showing sticking up in the water? Well the following photographs are nothing like that.


















The Grey Wagtail was running up and down the grassy banks which still looks a bit odd to me as I am more used to seeing them on shallow stony stream sides

















Just down the road at Fishlake Meadows, I had a quick scan from the road over the main floods. Amongst the Canada Geese I spotted one white face that made my heart jump for just a moment as I thought ooo a Barnacle Goose, but no. From one to two to three,  these strange beasts have muddled genes which may or may not have a little Barnacle within them


















I thought for a moment I had a strangely plumaged Shoveller to go with them, but on closer examination, it was just mud presumably from over enthusiastic dabbling


A Sparrowhawk shot past to make sure I was going, and unfortunately, I was.


No comments:

Post a Comment